Canadian Football League unveils 2024 schedule

Started by Stretch, December 14, 2023, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on December 15, 2023, 05:48:52 PM
What do folks think about where the bye weeks are, I think it will work well as long as we come out healthy to start
I would have preferred bumping one up in Late June.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

What do folks think about where the bye weeks are, I think it will work well as long as we come out healthy to start

In a perfect world where we could pick I think we'd move each one up by maybe 2 weeks by it's a very good breakout none the less. I think waiting until week 10 is preferable to the opposite like opening the season with a bye like Ottawa. It could be slightly better but overall I think the Bombers will be quite happy with it. Really, week 9 is really the only brutal turn around and every team will has a week they wish was scheduled differently I think. 10 teams would really help with that one day.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I see Kenny Lawler is featured on the Bombers 2024 schedule, so I don't see them contemplating dumping his salary so they can pay Schoen, for anyone who suggested it.

TecnoGenius

I'm pretty sure it was a fairly similar bye spacing as the last 2 (maybe 3) seasons.  Long first stint, and a nearly-last-minute 3rd bye.

I think it's been working well for us.  Gives you a ton of games to rack up a big W lead in the West and get a psychological advantage, even though it's a bit of an illusion.  If star guys get injured early, they can usually shake it off by the middle stint, and it gives our backups more live reps against all the in-disarray teams, which is most of them for the first few weeks.

For me it will be key to demolish MTL in week 1 and set the tone for the whole season, showing everyone we are still the team to beat, and proving that coming into IGF is Dark Side death & destruction (figuratively) for opposing teams.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on December 15, 2023, 02:31:14 PM
I would have complained about this 6 years ago but since I don't have tickets anymore it's a non-issue.
I prefer watching or listening to games at the lake anyway so this works well for me. And it's not like the team has problems selling tickets for games landing on any day of the week!

Haha, that's pretty funny actually.... maybe all those years pandering to the Thursday "muh lake people" was a waste after all, if they were just sitting at the lake (or home) anyhow instead of coming to IGF  ;D ;D ;D  You're not the first one to say those words here!

I bet WFC finally did their homework (i.e. surveys) and the proof in the pudding will be when this Friday-heavy schedule results in the same number of STH as last year... or more!  Then we can finally end the "great lake debate", and mention it nevermore.
Never go full Rider!