Grey Cup Festival 2024

Started by Stats Junkie, March 02, 2024, 04:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stats Junkie

The first details have been released about the 2024 Grey Cup Festival in Vancouver.

Building on a strong legacy of hosting vibrant, action-packed Grey Cup Festivals in years past, the 2024 Grey Cup Festival in Vancouver will once again bring together the best of British Columbia to welcome over 500,000 fans from across the country. Featuring two ziplines, immersive football experiences, legendary parties, cultural displays, and thrilling performances from a diverse lineup of entertainers—plus so much more yet to be announced—the 2024 edition is shaping up to be one Grey Cup Festival fans truly cannot miss!

LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The 2024 Grey Cup Festival acknowledges that the 111th Grey Cup and Grey Cup Festival will be co-hosted with local First Nations on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

Grey Cup Festival website
CFL Announcement
BC Lions Announcement
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

TecnoGenius

This might be the 1st out-of-town GC I'd go to if we aren't in it.  That said, we'll be in it.  :D  But if not, may still go.  I always have lots of reasons to go to Vancouver, and it's always wife-approved.

Plus, not-cold weather for the festival doesn't hurt!

Knowing the owner of BC, the halftime show should be the best in decades.  I'm slowly becoming one of those every-GC guys...
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Did they announce the half time act yet? Last year's GC Halftime act was actually pretty good with Green Day. The provided a lot of energy for the crowd and I actually knew a few of their songs!

Know his prime years are behind him, but maybe Bryan Adams as he grew up in the Vancouver area starting in his mid-teen years?

Ridermania

Grey Cup half time acts will not be announced until after Labour Day.

There will be tons of rumours prior to that.

TecnoGenius

I could see it being another big American rapper act.  He won't be concerned as much about the home audience as he will be with filling up that stadium -- both levels!  That's the beauty of the double-sized stadiums, you can make a ton if you can fill it up.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I planned on going but financially don't think so. Had to choose between motorcycles and this so I take motorcycles.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2024, 10:44:02 PMI planned on going but financially don't think so. Had to choose between motorcycles and this so I take motorcycles.

Yeah, I've been wanting to go to this one since they announced it but life is just so expensive lately.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

I guess its all a matter of scale...  with an average cost of $8600USD for a 2024 Superbowl ticket, you could probably fly a family of 4 to the GC with tickets, hotels, and festival fun for less than a single SB ticket, never mind getting a beer at Allegient Stadium.

But the Grey Cup is not the Superb Owl, right?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BLUEBOMBER

I wouldn't be surprised if the GC will sell out and 50,000 fans jammed the stadium. It has been long time since the CFL has had over 50,000 in attendance.

ichabod_crane

If BC has a good team this year I expect it to be pretty full. If Lions get in, for sure a sellout I Would expect!

theaardvark

I have no doubt it will sell out, even if they have to paper the stands.  There is a huge incentive to fill the place.  It will set the bar high for us hosting in 2025.  I wonder if the WFC will be adding in the additional seating for 2025, and hosting a Winter Classic...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Ridermania

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2024, 10:44:02 PMI planned on going but financially don't think so. Had to choose between motorcycles and this so I take motorcycles.

We are going to BC for the Grey Cup.

I'll meet you in Regina for the LDC and buy you a beer! 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on March 05, 2024, 03:53:06 PMI guess its all a matter of scale...  with an average cost of $8600USD for a 2024 Superbowl ticket, you could probably fly a family of 4 to the GC with tickets, hotels, and festival fun for less than a single SB ticket, never mind getting a beer at Allegient Stadium.

But the Grey Cup is not the Superb Owl, right?

Right, it's better.  SB is usually either boring, or rigged; and both tick me off.  Even though we lost, both the '22 and '23 GCs were great games for all fans.  '21 was an awesome game, too.  ('19 was only fun for WPG fans, lol.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I think it's more of a modern thing.  But you might be right: the GC might not have enough recognition nor buzz to get the rowdies out.  There once was a time this type of thing was only found in the states... but if any city is "states like", it's Vancouver.

Still, any risk can be completely avoided by the Lions getting eliminated, and I aim to see WFC achieve that goal.  If BC actually gets a run game, they may be harder to beat.  However, I'm not sure VAJ can repeat his all-star performance this year.  Hopefully he'll have adversity early and lose his composure.
Never go full Rider!

Tiger

I just my Grey Cup tickets confirmed
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger