Holm
Major
Vaval
Jones
Pokey
Demski
Brady
Taylor Elgersma
Castillo
Sheahan
Broxton
Neufeld
Singer
Smith
Leroux
Allen
Woodbey
Kramdi
Who you got?
The simple answer is nobody is untouchable if it makes us better.
I think Allen and Woodbey are potential free agents. Long term injuries this year creates an additional risk. I don't expect them back.
Elgersma is probably back but I don't consider him untouchable.
Several players on the list are potential free agents. I'd like them back but they may choose elsewhere.
There are going to be many conversations on who replacements might be. Free agency is always going to be interesting.
A better question might be who don't we want back and / or under what circumstances.
You didn't include coaches as untouchables. A rebuild often means a total house cleaning.
At one time I would have said MOS. Not now. He is still be saying we have the talent to win here? Despite every year being a drop off from the one before since 2021. That's FIVE years of regression. How far we have fallen from being the best was pointed out as clearly as possible in that Montreal game. MOS just becomes MORE secretive (don't take my picture in airports), MORE in denial and does what he has always done. I don't think a rebuild will happen with him here. That said if we open the vault and somehow land Chad Kelly, I'd say that is enough to think maybe he wants to win more than stick with his players and his process. But I fear big changes are just not something he wants to do.
Wade Miller is untouchable. He has been nothing but great for this franchise. He should get more kudos.
Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2026, 02:31:46 PMYou didn't include coaches as untouchables. A rebuild often means a total house cleaning.
At one time I would have said MOS. Not now. He is still be saying we have the talent to win here? Despite every year being a drop off from the one before since 2021. That's FIVE years of regression. How far we have fallen from being the best was pointed out as clearly as possible in that Montreal game. MOS just becomes MORE secretive (don't take my picture in airports), MORE in denial and does what he has always done. I don't think a rebuild will happen with him here. That said if we open the vault and somehow land Chad Kelly, I'd say that is enough to think maybe he wants to win more than stick with his players and his process. But I fear big changes are just not something he wants to do.
That new 3 year contract is problematic so I doubt we see a change at HC. We should see changes at OC and DC.
Much of the overall problems fall to Walters and also recruiting. Generally our overall talent is less than the top teams. The coaches have been out coached often as well, but greater talent overcomes many mistakes.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 03:11:15 PMThat new 3 year contract is problematic so I doubt we see a change at HC. We should see changes at OC and DC.
Much of the overall problems fall to Walters and also recruiting. Generally our overall talent is less than the top teams. The coaches have been out coached often as well, but greater talent overcomes many mistakes.
I agree but as we have seen in Edm and Ott a rebuild is a multi-year proposition. I think the fans have not the patience to suffer through 2 years of bottom third football only to suffer a rebuild after that. The best time to start was yesterday as the saying goes.
Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2026, 03:16:51 PMI agree but as we have seen in Edm and Ott a rebuild is a multi-year proposition. I think the fans have not the patience to suffer through 2 years of bottom third football only to suffer a rebuild after that. The best time to start was yesterday as the saying goes.
I don't entirely disagree but who are the alternatives for HC, OC and DC? It's a multi layered issue. I fall into the 1 more year last chance strategy.
If Collaros doesn't return we shed $550K salary. Brown might be in his final year and doesn't deserve a big new deal. It should be for a # 2 QB with incentives. That should give $200K more in free agency.
Bryant, Nichols, K.Wilson and maybe Jefferson not returning creates more SMS.
Can we spend SMS wisely and gain new younger talent?
MOS is going nowhere, he's here until he retires. And no way does Chad Kelly play on a MOS team, never.
MOS has always got the players backs, whether its taking poor penalties or poor play, he'll always defend his beloved players. He always believes in them, says the right things to hopefully motivate them to play harder, even if they're not the most talented bunch, he'll never complain about talent as that would be complaining about himself and his recruitment.
Nobody is untouchable in a rebuild. Paying Brady what we pay him is ridiculous, but i don't see that changing even though it should.
Quote from: dd on October 04, 2026, 03:38:02 PMMOS is going nowhere, he's here until he retires. And no way does Chad Kelly play on a MOS team, never.
MOS has always got the players backs, whether its taking poor penalties or poor play, he'll always defend his beloved players. He always believes in them, says the right things to hopefully motivate them to play harder, even if they're not the most talented bunch, he'll never complain about talent as that would be complaining about himself and his recruitment.
Nobody is untouchable in a rebuild. Paying Brady what we pay him is ridiculous, but i don't see that changing even though it should.
Brady is worth every penny. He is a fantastic halfback at aspects of the game.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 03:28:36 PMI don't entirely disagree but who are the alternatives for HC, OC and DC? It's a multi layered issue. I fall into the 1 more year last chance strategy.
If Collaros doesn't return we shed $550K salary. Brown might be in his final year and doesn't deserve a big new deal. It should be for a # 2 QB with incentives. That should give $200K more in free agency.
Bryant, Nichols, K.Wilson and maybe Jefferson not returning creates more SMS.
Can we spend SMS wisely and gain new younger talent?
I agree with your comments! Collaros, Bryant, Nichols K.Wilson and Jefferson should all be thanked for the services and sent on their way! With the freed up dollars we should be able to find some talent. However I would not stop at just the players that are past their best before date. I think we need to replace our OC and maybe even our DC - And put O'Shea on notice that he is on thin ice.
Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 04, 2026, 04:12:38 PMBrady is worth every penny. He is a fantastic halfback at aspects of the game.
If he is not our best player then who is?
If we have to over pay somewhere other than QB, this is the place. Better than having Lawler's contract for example.
From your list the only ones who we must keep are:
Holm
Williams
Vaval (as a returner)
Pokey
Broxton
Singer
Smith
Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 04, 2026, 04:12:38 PMBrady is worth every penny. He is a fantastic halfback at aspects of the game.
The suggestion by some that he isn't earning or worth the cake we pay him is so overstated on the negative
The team is average but Brady is and always will be boss
The struggles this year even had people pointed at Brady and suggested he should be spelled or replaced by Peterson, which was never going to happen or a reasonable idea
Great post
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 02:19:20 PMThe simple answer is nobody is untouchable if it makes us better.
I think Allen and Woodbey are potential free agents. Long term injuries this year creates an additional risk. I don't expect them back.
Elgersma is probably back but I don't consider him untouchable.
Several players on the list are potential free agents. I'd like them back but they may choose elsewhere.
There are going to be many conversations on who replacements might be. Free agency is always going to be interesting.
A better question might be who don't we want back and / or under what circumstances.
Make a good point about the injuries on these two but I think we will welcome them back because they are cheap and might be very good one day
This thread is about who you think is untouchable, if want to debate, present who we don't want back start a thread for that, would be a good one.
Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2026, 04:17:32 PMIf he is not our best player then who is?
If we have to over pay somewhere other than QB, this is the place. Better than having Lawler's contract for example.
I don't think that is a relevant point on a losing roster. I've said for some time we've over paid him at the expense of having money elsewhere. It has nothing to do with his performance but what team will be paying $300K for any Canadian starter in 2027.
He's under contract and I don't think any team would trade for him, so it's a catch 22 situation. I'd like him back but I'd like to see him take a cut ( one way or another ) down to about $225K.
He's not motivated to do that so where does that leave us?
Quote from: Blueforlife on October 04, 2026, 06:04:38 PMThe suggestion by some that he isn't earning or worth the cake we pay him is so overstated on the negative
The team is average but Brady is and always will be boss
The struggles this year even had people pointed at Brady and suggested he should be spelled or replaced by Peterson, which was never going to happen or a reasonable idea
Great post
As usual a very narrow view on all aspects. Teams are always looking for the next replacement on an ELC. No player is above the team even the great ones. Your phase " overstated in the negative " is an inflexible attitude unwilling to recognize realities.
He had no impact on this game. While it's not his fault it does show why it's not our best decision to pay him his salary at the cost across our roster. There are others including Collaros that were over paid.
I don't know whether Peterson will ever become a good or great RB. It should be pointed out that even Oliveria started his career on an ELC and had to replace the previous great RB.. At some point there will be a " next ". Bombers have always had great RB's.
Maybe we find the next Mike Pringle in TC next year. The point is that we should be looking for that player and not sitting pat.
You think Allen is untouchable and he's only played 10 games in 2 years. Woodbey has only played 14. Both may not even be available until mid next season. What the heck makes them untouchable. It's not even close.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 06:09:13 PMAs usual a very narrow view on all aspects. Teams are always looking for the next replacement on an ELC. No player is above the team even the great ones.
Nah my view is constant and wide. Your position is as expected as you gave up on Harris too early too.
Brady was and still is king. Father time hasn't come for him yet. Having a top RB that can do it all, is durable, Cdn, great for the room / the community and wait for it....local, makes him our greatest asset that I believe will he retained till he retires.
Some folks were wrong about Brady this year full stop. I will support him till the end unless the injury bug gets to him. Just like Harris a fine wine. Don't agree with your position but that's normal. Yes most players are not above the team but Brady is close to an all time great and we won't turn our back on him.
The criticism of Brady this year by some has been as overstated as I have seen. When the team struggles people often start to point fingers in the wrong direction. Seen that behavior pre mini dynasty and its creeping back to the forum as expected.
Can't touch this (Brady) lol
Quote from: Blueforlife on October 04, 2026, 06:13:53 PMNah my view is constant and wide. Your position is as expected as you gave up on Harris too early too.
Brady was and still is king. Father time hasn't come for him yet. Having a top RB that can do it all, is durable, Cdn, great for the room / the community and wait for it....local, makes him our greatest asset that I believe will he retained till he retires.
Some folks were wrong about Brady this year full stop. I will support him till the end unless the injury bug gets to him. Just like Harris a fine wine. Don't agree with your position but that's normal. Yes most players are not above the team but Brady is close to an all time great and we won't turn our back on him.
The criticism of Brady this year by some has been as overstated as I have seen. When the team struggles people often start to point fingers in the wrong direction. Seen that behavior pre mini dynasty and its creeping back to the forum as expected.
Can't touch this (Brady) lol
If we didn't give up on Harris who was becoming prone, then BO would have spent his career on the PR and / or moved on. Even the Lions decided to move on in order to spend SMS differently across their roster.
You haven't noticed that BO hardly ever practises any more and seems to fade later in games and as the season progresses?
We shouldn't need to run him 25 - 30 times a game if our offence was more versatile. It's a little like putting all our hopes in one basket. It was not surprising that the Als planned to shut him down and out the window goes our chance of winning. It's what most good teams do against the Bombers.
RB's have short careers. He still has a couple more good years but if the team around him is useless, what difference does it make?
The criticism as you call it was not about him. It was about coaching strategy ( player management ) and developing a succession plan.
As an example many American rookies struggle in their 1st year in the CFL with a longer season. Even veterans tend to fade as their careers move forward.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 03:11:15 PMThat new 3 year contract is problematic so I doubt we see a change at HC. We should see changes at OC and DC.
Much of the overall problems fall to Walters and also recruiting. Generally our overall talent is less than the top teams. The coaches have been out coached often as well, but greater talent overcomes many mistakes.
Yeah, I kind of forgot that MOS and Walters just re-upped.
So the simplest answer is no rebuild is happening as we are discussing it. I doubt there are any coaching changes either as MOS thinks Younger is the best and Condell probably isn't going anywhere after one year.
I can absolutely see us bringing the gang back together minus any retirements and Walters using the subsequent cap space to take big swings on any big FAs.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 06:33:11 PMIf we didn't give up on Harris who was becoming prone, then BO would have spent his career on the PR and / or moved on. Even the Lions decided to move on in order to spend SMS differently across their roster.
You haven't noticed that BO hardly ever practises any more and seems to fade later in games and as the season progresses?
We shouldn't need to run him 25 - 30 times a game if our offence was more versatile. It's a little like putting all our hopes in one basket. It was not surprising that the Als planned to shut him down and out the window goes our chance of winning. It's what most good teams do against the Bombers.
RB's have short careers. He still has a couple more good years but if the team around him is useless, what difference does it make?
The criticism as you call it was not about him. It was about coaching strategy ( player management ) and developing a succession plan.
As an example many American rookies struggle in their 1st year in the CFL with a longer season. Even veterans tend to fade as their careers move forward.
You called to give up on Harris right before he came back and dominated in the playoffs. If we gave up on him when you suggested, we might not have had the success we did in that game.
Brady is getting older, yes has some nagging injuries but he is also still or near the best.
The argument that Brady has less value in a rebuild is 100% off base. He is our foundation, he will train the next gen. In a sea of change, we need some constants. Having a strong run game would give the team something to fall back on as our offense retools. His blocking protects our next gen QB.
Running Brady that much doesn't happen. He has proven to be effective with less touches than that and his average is at its all time high right now.
Without Zach or a good passing game, teams can shut him down. A balanced offense bring him more consistency.
The point was some said Brady should be spelled or replaced. That was never going to happen and has nothing to do with a coaching strategy or player management. Its too early to worry about succession planing with Brady, but that said I would like us to develop our next RB as a Cdn if possible. That would start in 1 to 2 years imo.
Not buying what you are selling here. There are some on here that turned on Brady, some on the fence and some that will die on the sword for him. He has earned my loyalty, generational talent.
The team has much to rebuild, retool and fix. Brady ain't one of those things. If it ain't broke.....
]
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 04, 2026, 06:07:36 PMI've said for some time we've over paid him at the expense of having money elsewhere. ..I'd like him back but I'd like to see him take a cut ( one way or another ) down to about $225K.
You ask the impossible. He has delivered what was expected. It would be an insult to ask. BC and Montreal offered MORE than we did. As possibly the leagues 2 top teams, you assume they know what they are doing.
I think he is tradable, not sure for what. But if we do a from scratch rebuild he is one of our bigger assets.
"the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions reportedly engaged in an aggressive, behind-the-scenes pursuit of the superstar ball-carrier...
The explosive Winnipeg Blue Bombers megastar running back and reigning Most Outstanding Player sent seismic shockwaves through the entire Canadian Football League (CFL) ecosystem when reports surfaced that he turned down staggering, eight-figure financial packages from the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions."
its crazy to consider trading Brady, hes putting up numbers with a poor oline and a subpar OC
We need to find a killer safety and MLB for our defense and a centre and LT for our O line and upgrade our NAT talent at reciever--bye bye Nield, Cobb, Corcoran, we need a legitimate starter who can contribute to go with Wilson, Demski, White and Singer, and oh ya, we need a QB!!!
Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on October 04, 2026, 04:12:38 PMBrady is worth every penny. He is a fantastic halfback at aspects of the game.
I don't know about that. His blocking this year has been very substandard. He's basically costing us a sack a game. And one of them took Zach out for weeks.
Quote from: Tecno on Today at 12:43:12 AMI don't know about that. His blocking this year has been very substandard. He's basically costing us a sack a game. And one of them took Zach out for weeks.
Assigning blame in the wrong spot. If Bryant could block anything besides a toilet, Brady's blocking responsibility would be much less.
Quote from: BlueInCgy on Today at 12:49:22 AMAssigning blame in the wrong spot. If Bryant could block anything besides a toilet, Brady's blocking responsibility would be much less.
I've analyzed every game since the OTT game, and I'm telling you that Stan is not as bad as many think (though he is failing), and Brady (et al) are responsible for many of the blocking breakdowns.
Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2026, 08:46:58 PM]You ask the impossible. He has delivered what was expected. It would be an insult to ask. BC and Montreal offered MORE than we did. As possibly the leagues 2 top teams, you assume they know what they are doing.
I think he is tradable, not sure for what. But if we do a from scratch rebuild he is one of our bigger assets.
"the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions reportedly engaged in an aggressive, behind-the-scenes pursuit of the superstar ball-carrier...
The explosive Winnipeg Blue Bombers megastar running back and reigning Most Outstanding Player sent seismic shockwaves through the entire Canadian Football League (CFL) ecosystem when reports surfaced that he turned down staggering, eight-figure financial packages from the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions."
Some folks are dreaming when they claim we could retain Brady for less. The top players go where the cake is, gotta add the icing as needed.
Quote from: Tecno on Today at 01:00:58 AMI've analyzed every game since the OTT game, and I'm telling you that Stan is not as bad as many think (though he is failing), and Brady (et al) are responsible for many of the blocking breakdowns.
Watch most of the sacks this season again. Stan is either flat on his back or ghost blocking someone who is already 3 yards past him.
Quote from: BlueInCgy on Today at 01:07:21 AMWatch most of the sacks this season again. Stan is either flat on his back or ghost blocking someone who is already 3 yards past him.
It's both. But I'd say 1/3 the whiffs attributed to Stan are Brady's fault.
Quote from: Waffler on October 04, 2026, 08:46:58 PM"the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions reportedly engaged in an aggressive, behind-the-scenes pursuit of the superstar ball-carrier...
The explosive Winnipeg Blue Bombers megastar running back and reigning Most Outstanding Player sent seismic shockwaves through the entire Canadian Football League (CFL) ecosystem when reports surfaced that he turned down staggering, eight-figure financial packages from the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions."
Uh... $12,345,678.00 <--- 8 figures
There is no world in the CFL where a player is looking at 8 figures. Even over their whole career the top players will struggle to make over $10M.
That quote is wrong or someone is lying. (Or a news pundit is stupid.)
Quote from: Tecno on Today at 01:08:31 AMIt's both. But I'd say 1/3 the whiffs attributed to Stan are Brady's fault.
Stan has whiffed more blocks this year than all of his previous years in his career combined. Teams used to scheme away from Stan, now scheme at him. My question is, given his massive regression, why haven't we moved Broxton over to left tackle and Stan to RT so our Qb can at least see the hit coming??
Short answer - if it's an actual rebuild, no one is untouchable. I'd like to see how Singer develops with a better QB, how good some of our DBs could be if they learned to tackle, and I think Perkins could be a great package QB if not more.
Honestly- anyone with a 2019 GC ring is expendable at this point.
Quote from: dd on Today at 01:14:23 AMwhy haven't we moved Broxton over to left tackle and Stan to RT so our Qb can at least see the hit coming??
Sounds ok in theory, but I think the result would be worse. First, Stan can't play RT. It's taken Brox a full season to just get the hang of it (especially the run road-grading duties), there's no way Stan could pick it up in a couple of games.
What should have happened is Brox should have gone to LT mid-season and Stan been benched. Vant would then be RT and, yes, we start at square one again at training on run-block. But politics and sunk-SMS meant Stan stayed in. Clearly it's his final season and I think WFC thinks dissing him would be worse than losing. I can respect that, in a way.
Quote from: Pete on October 04, 2026, 09:22:33 PMits crazy to consider trading Brady, hes putting up numbers with a poor oline and a subpar OC
I agree. Oliveira is currently (after 15 games) leading the league in rushing on a very sub-par Blue Bomber offense.
While I agree his run-blocking has been okay, it doesn't negate the fact that he has to make up for a weak offensive line that has had serious challenges protecting the QB.
I'm not saying he's untouchable, I but I feel like Tim White has been a very solid pickup for the Bombers. He's currently leading the team in receiving yards, # of receptions, has been durable (has he missed any games due to injury?), and has been straight-up reliable.
Quote from: Cool Spot on Today at 01:48:48 AMI'm not saying he's untouchable, I but I feel like Tim White has been a very solid pickup for the Bombers. He's currently leading the team in receiving yards, # of receptions, has been durable (has he missed any games due to injury?), and has been straight-up reliable.
White is a bright spot in a dark season. He's a true pro, takes everything very seriously, has just the right amount of confidence, without the usual star REC arrogance. He has the softest hands, and runs good routes. He also handles punishment well, far beyond his weight class.
I can't recall the contract length we gave him, but I would lock him up for another 2.
Quote from: Tecno on Today at 02:38:18 AMWhite is a bright spot in a dark season. He's a true pro, takes everything very seriously, has just the right amount of confidence, without the usual star REC arrogance. He has the softest hands, and runs good routes. He also handles punishment well, far beyond his weight class.
I can't recall the contract length we gave him, but I would lock him up for another 2.
Good point, Singer comes in behind both Pokey and White and about the same position as Jerreth Sterns found himself when let go, although he would be a cheaper option if dollars mattered. Next year they have to find that bigger receiver that makes a difference. In hindsight it's a mystery why Dominique Rhymes wasn't pursued.