Stamps at Argos GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 20, 2022, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Stamps are the best at finding running backs and receivers, year after year they bring the most new blood into the CFL.  Half the Argo team is ex-Stamps.

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

Bo gets traded to Ottawa...

GOLDMEMBER

Big Daddy

Flipping between this game and world junior gold medal game.  What happened to Howdy Doody?

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 21, 2022, 12:52:52 AM
Flipping between this game and world junior gold medal game.  What happened to Howdy Doody?

You talking about Bo? Threw a couple ducks.

GOLDMEMBER

Big Daddy

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 21, 2022, 12:55:30 AM
You talking about Bo? Threw a couple ducks.

Yup - Bo (I guess I'm aging myself with the howdy doody reference - I'm not old enough to have watched it but I guess many wouldn't even know who that is).

So he got pulled?!  Oh man, that is beautiful!

GOLDMEMBER

Maier does not look much better!

GOLDMEMBER

Lol terrible throw by Macbeth!  ;D

pjrocksmb

Henoc showing there he is still a top LB

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 12:44:40 AM
Why would anyone trade for him?. He's done, he knows it and so does the rest of the league

The Zipp

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 01:26:28 AM
Why would anyone trade foe.him. He's done, he knows it and so does the rest of the league

I don't think it will happen but he is better than Caleb evans.  I think we see Maier next week

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

Opps Calgary guys slips and TO with a nice int.  Game on!

The Zipp

Game over

Big match next week with Calgary - let's go!!

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 01:27:40 AM
I don't think it will happen but he is better than Caleb evans.  I think we see Maier next week
I don?t know why or how Caleb Evans is still playing in this league. He?s awful

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 01:57:11 AM
I don?t know why or how Caleb Evans is still playing in this league. He?s awful
add Dominic Davis to that list!

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 21, 2022, 03:02:57 AM
add Dominic Davis to that list!
Agree, they don?t have it, never have, never will,  just move on

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 03:26:18 AM
Macbeth is what he is.He can win the odd game but he will never win a GC.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 12:44:40 AM

If it was a normal player, sure.  But this is BLM and he is the face of the franchise for nearly a decade.  No, what will happen is BLM will retire one offseason and get a job with TSN, and still have ties to the Stamps like Cornish did.

Huff doesn't let Bo "pull a AH".  Bo is red until he's done.

My big question is how come Bo is such a hot/cold QB now?  He looked good weeks 2-6 then started going downhill again.  He looks as bad as last year again.  I still don't think it's health, I think it's in his head.  The brain speed and ability to transmit his will to his hands is gone.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Missed most of this game watching Canada win the GOLD.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on August 21, 2022, 03:39:49 AM
Missed most of this game watching Canada win the GOLD.
thanks for spoiling god dammit! >:(

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 03:26:18 AM

They can't move on.  There is literally no one else.  In case you haven't noticed, the QB hopper is very empty league-wide.  Even worse with injuries (Masoli, Rourke, VAJ).

Dom is pretty secure as a #2 / sneaker.  He can even throw a few dimes to win games sometimes.

Caleb is safe for this season, if not as a #1 then a #2.  Same with Cornelius.

The only somewhat hopper-ready guy would appear to be Maier.

BLM on his way out.  Cody looking more like a #2.  T.Harris getting old.  Zach getting old and will retire in 1 or 2 (or 3, tops).

Thank God Rourke appeared out of nowhere this year or the CFL QB situation would really be sucking.  If Rourke goes to the NFL, it's really gonna hurt.

Anyhow, that's why the dudes you mention are starting in the CFL.  If this keeps up we're going to see QB bidding wars again in FA.  We might have to pay $600k+ for Zach.

No wonder Ambrosie brought the 3rd QB back... CFL shot its long-term self in the foot for short-term cost savings.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Well someone found Rourke, Cornelius, Maier, Arbuckle, Fines and Dane Evans didn?t they?? Don?t tell me there?s no more prospects out there.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 04:49:25 AM
Well someone found Rourke, Cornelius, Maier, Arbuckle, Fines and Dane Evans didn?t they?? Don?t tell me there?s no more prospects out there.

Of course they did, but half the guys you just listed arguably aren't good enough to start in the CFL.  Arbuckle is fast becoming the next Franklin.  Evans is on a downward spiral.  Corny probably never "had it".  Fines, ya haha.

How many of those were first brought into the CFL when we still dressed 3 QB?

Sure, there's diamonds in the rough, but is the CFL sifting through the chaff fast enough to find them?  If there's another star QB injury I shudder to think what the average game will look like.

When the oldsters retire in 1-3 years, we're going to need top-shelf new talent.  I hope the league / teams are working on finding it.  It's doable, and unlike kickers, the big $$ is there for good QBs.
Never go full Rider!

buckzumhoff

Both teams look bad. Toronto sticks with their starter no matter how bad the game is going.  Toronto had good taent to start with . their coaches and gm will probably have to make changes they even had a pretty good attendance last game.

Waffler

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 21, 2022, 03:35:57 AM
Macbeth is what he is.He can win the odd game but he will never win a GC.

My gf called him the next Kevin Glen this morning. Zing.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 21, 2022, 02:55:24 PM
Both teams look bad. Toronto sticks with their starter no matter how bad the game is going.  Toronto had good taent to start with . their coaches and gm will probably have to make changes they even had a pretty good attendance last game.

I think Eric Rogers is washed up now and should retire.  He looks geriatric every time he's out there.  And every single catch and tackle he gets up looking like everything hurts.  And he was doing that 2-3 years ago too!  Always in the tub.

If TOR paid big for him, they got ripped off.  He's played like 10-20 snaps this whole season.

Maybe the "big body" is good for blocking out defenders on clutch catches, but it seems to have a limited shelf life in terms of football career.
Never go full Rider!