Stamps at Argos GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 20, 2022, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 01:26:28 AM
Why would anyone trade foe.him. He's done, he knows it and so does the rest of the league

I don't think it will happen but he is better than Caleb evans.  I think we see Maier next week

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

Opps Calgary guys slips and TO with a nice int.  Game on!

The Zipp

Game over

Big match next week with Calgary - let's go!!

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 01:27:40 AM
I don't think it will happen but he is better than Caleb evans.  I think we see Maier next week
I don?t know why or how Caleb Evans is still playing in this league. He?s awful

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 01:57:11 AM
I don?t know why or how Caleb Evans is still playing in this league. He?s awful
add Dominic Davis to that list!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 21, 2022, 03:02:57 AM
add Dominic Davis to that list!
Agree, they don?t have it, never have, never will,  just move on

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 03:26:18 AM
Macbeth is what he is.He can win the odd game but he will never win a GC.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2022, 12:44:40 AM
Bo gets traded to Ottawa...

If it was a normal player, sure.  But this is BLM and he is the face of the franchise for nearly a decade.  No, what will happen is BLM will retire one offseason and get a job with TSN, and still have ties to the Stamps like Cornish did.

Huff doesn't let Bo "pull a AH".  Bo is red until he's done.

My big question is how come Bo is such a hot/cold QB now?  He looked good weeks 2-6 then started going downhill again.  He looks as bad as last year again.  I still don't think it's health, I think it's in his head.  The brain speed and ability to transmit his will to his hands is gone.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Missed most of this game watching Canada win the GOLD.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on August 21, 2022, 03:39:49 AM
Missed most of this game watching Canada win the GOLD.
thanks for spoiling god dammit! >:(

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 03:26:18 AM

They can't move on.  There is literally no one else.  In case you haven't noticed, the QB hopper is very empty league-wide.  Even worse with injuries (Masoli, Rourke, VAJ).

Dom is pretty secure as a #2 / sneaker.  He can even throw a few dimes to win games sometimes.

Caleb is safe for this season, if not as a #1 then a #2.  Same with Cornelius.

The only somewhat hopper-ready guy would appear to be Maier.

BLM on his way out.  Cody looking more like a #2.  T.Harris getting old.  Zach getting old and will retire in 1 or 2 (or 3, tops).

Thank God Rourke appeared out of nowhere this year or the CFL QB situation would really be sucking.  If Rourke goes to the NFL, it's really gonna hurt.

Anyhow, that's why the dudes you mention are starting in the CFL.  If this keeps up we're going to see QB bidding wars again in FA.  We might have to pay $600k+ for Zach.

No wonder Ambrosie brought the 3rd QB back... CFL shot its long-term self in the foot for short-term cost savings.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Well someone found Rourke, Cornelius, Maier, Arbuckle, Fines and Dane Evans didn?t they?? Don?t tell me there?s no more prospects out there.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2022, 04:49:25 AM
Well someone found Rourke, Cornelius, Maier, Arbuckle, Fines and Dane Evans didn?t they?? Don?t tell me there?s no more prospects out there.

Of course they did, but half the guys you just listed arguably aren't good enough to start in the CFL.  Arbuckle is fast becoming the next Franklin.  Evans is on a downward spiral.  Corny probably never "had it".  Fines, ya haha.

How many of those were first brought into the CFL when we still dressed 3 QB?

Sure, there's diamonds in the rough, but is the CFL sifting through the chaff fast enough to find them?  If there's another star QB injury I shudder to think what the average game will look like.

When the oldsters retire in 1-3 years, we're going to need top-shelf new talent.  I hope the league / teams are working on finding it.  It's doable, and unlike kickers, the big $$ is there for good QBs.
Never go full Rider!