Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I find it a waste to be playing him on the 4th line. Is this our LW if NE27 is traded?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 20, 2024, 06:37:53 PMI find it a waste to be playing him on the 4th line.

He doesn't just play on the 4th line. He's basically a bottom 9 forward with a strong two-way game who can also be used on the top line in a pinch.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2917028/10-best-nhl-players-who-could-get-traded-this-summer

QuoteNikolaj Ehlers, Jets

Trade potential: ★★★★☆

Three Jets players appeared on this list a year ago - Connor Hellebuyck, Mark Scheifele, and Pierre-Luc Dubois. Winnipeg re-signed Hellebuyck and Mark Scheifele to eight-year deals and, to nobody's surprise, traded Dubois.

It's clear the Jets don't want to let key players walk as free agents for nothing, and they shouldn't with another pending UFA in Ehlers. General manager Kevin Cheveldayoff should trade the Danish winger if he doesn't think extension talks are progressing toward a solution. Cheveldayoff is reportedly already open to the idea of a move.

For Ehlers, it'd be understandable if he didn't want to re-sign. He's been underutilized across the past two seasons under Rick Bowness, averaging 15:48 of ice time per contest. That isn't expected to change now that Scott Arniel - Bowness' right-hand man over the last two years - is the new head coach. Ehlers averaged 18:04 per game in 2021-22 under Paul Maurice and Dave Lowry.

There will surely be a strong market for Ehlers' services. He's a dynamic, speedy forward with point-per-game potential if everything clicks. At 28 years old, there's a chance some of his best hockey lies ahead if he finds the right fit.
#forthew
лава Україні!

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on June 22, 2024, 04:31:25 AMGame 7. What more could you ask for.
It's hockey and anything could happen but I just don't see a scenario where Florida wins this thing. I suspect the psychological damage of blowing a 3-0 advantage and the pressure of game seven at home is going to crush Florida.
Go Bombers!

Jockitch

Sooooooooooo very disappointed to hear this a couple days ago and to now read it.
McGroarty would have been a gem and now Chevy must find a suitor.
If the rumors are correct then we have Ehlers and now McG being marketed as soon to be X Jets

Maybe we can package both together and get a couple of Draft spots and also a serviceable player or two
Columbus has the #4 spot and has been rumored to want to listen, as an example
How about Buffalo  ??

Course this is all crossing the fingers stuff but Chevy has to come thru.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Not sure what to make of the McGroarty situation, but it's certainly disappointing.

Maybe a package deal with Ehlers to get that coveted top 4 defender...?
#forthew
лава Україні!

J5V

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 24, 2024, 01:25:35 PMNot sure what to make of the McGroarty situation, but it's certainly disappointing.

Maybe a package deal with Ehlers to get that coveted top 4 defender...?
Me either but he sounds like a guy that thinks he's too good to have to earn his way onto the Jets roster. I hate prima donnas. I hope Chevy gets a nice package for him that includes a stud defenceman.
Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Happy for Demelo and his family, who won't be shuffling off looking for a place to call home, for awhile

Bit surprised that it was that close to $5.M but regardless, good stuff Chevy

Now with Stanley and Capobianco, both just 26 UFA's and Heinola at 23 now an RFA -- who signs and who goes

....... personally would keep Capo over Stan 

What's happening with Monahan ??
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on June 27, 2024, 03:18:20 PMWell, we certainly didn't underpay him.

I don't think anyone was expecting him to take a discount to stay here.
#forthew
лава Україні!