BC @ TOR July 3 GDT

Started by TecnoGenius, July 03, 2023, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 09:44:09 PM
So if bc limits Toronto to under 10 points tonight and win does it mean they are the best team?

Yes. If BC beats Toronto tonight, never mind the 10 points, there the best team at this point in the season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 03, 2023, 09:00:48 PM
The only thing I can think of is having Bighill put his helmet on Ouellette and track him.

I'm not positive if it's Biggie vs Ouellette that Biggie will win... Ouellette needs to be gang tackled or hit behind the LoS.  The Elks showed how it could be done a number of times.  The entire front 7 needs to crash behind the LoS and get him before he gets going.  The only other option is if he's going to the edge you trip him up.

If he's going up the gut and he has the steam, only a DT who shed a blocker and can hit him square can stop him before he gets 5.

I'm not sure Oullette isn't all roided up, because his body type is extremely atypical for the CFL.  I can't recall anyone looking like that in the last decade or two.  Even if you do nothing all day but workout and eat raw liver I'm not sure you can look like that.  Our Brady is a big bruiser, but he looks like half the size Oullette is.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 09:48:24 PM
Yes. If BC beats Toronto tonight, never mind the 10 points, there the best team at this point in the season.

I think we're better than BC.  We were missing important DBs and Lawler.  OL and Zach were asleep.  On Aug 3 I bet we trounce them at IGF.

So if BC beats TOR, I think that just tells us BC is a top-2-in-the-W team.  If TOR beats BC, that shows that TOR is miles above any E team, but not necessarily best in CFL.  It's still very early in the season.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

So if bc limits Toronto to under 10 points tonight and win does it mean they are the best team?

Yes, and Bombers would be ranked 3rd, which is good as it gives them motivation to improve.

Jesse

I don?t think that happens.

Unless they completely beat down TO, I still put BC, TO, and WPG in a top tier together. Too early to separate the teams beyond that.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

BC DL shown up again!
Great job in containment as well Kelly had no where to go.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Great TD toss by Adams. Perfectly placed pass! Wow.

The Zipp

Only time a leake on a boat is good I guess. 

GOLDMEMBER

These Lions are copying the BB.

dd

BC, Toronto and Winnipeg are top tier teams, Edmonton, Ottawa and Hamilton bottom teir teams, the others in between

GOLDMEMBER

BC kick coverage looked awful on that one.
Kudos to Leek

VAJ two terrible passes in a row, first should have been picked, second one threw it right to Daniel. You Turkey!

Tee42

Consider the first six games preseason

dd

The Bad VA has showed up and is tilted the field for the Argos? 17 points on turnovers!!! Seems he has a tough time reading zone defense.

Pete

GOLDMEMBER

VAG should have 4 picks

Kelly looks real good again