2024 Super Bowl Game Thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, February 11, 2024, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I was lucky enough to see both teams live this season.

Chiefs smoked the Chargers and the Kirk Cousins Vikings beat the 49ers on my way home that October weekend. An NFL experience I will never forget!

Chiefs will win today. Enjoy the day and game all.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Got 150 wings on the BQ, 2 x-large pizza's on order, and 2 blueberry cheese cakes. Now all we need is a good game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

Feel free to post comments here.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Well that wasn't a good game, it was a great game.

TecnoGenius

Boring.  Mahomes looked like half his old self.  (SF letting him trot for a couple of first downs in the 4th was inexcusable, just like CFL teams sometimes forget they are playing against a running QB...)

I don't think there was one great catch all game.  San Fran should have kept running in the 3rd.  Their air game stunk.  And their players were dropping like flies.  KC was gassed.  Missed opportunity.

Sometimes the Super Bowl has great, stunning catches.  Sometimes not.  This was a not.  For my money this is a perfect example of the CFL being more exciting.  I would put our 110th GC up against this snoozefest any day of the week, in terms of excitement.  The "only CFLers" in the GC were making some stellar circus grabs (mostly MTL, but a couple for us too).

The only thing I liked about this game was the kickers setting and then resetting the distance records.  Good for them.

Glad to hear the NFL finally revised its OT rules to be more fair.  Followed the CFL, what, 2 decades late?  Not that it mattered this time...
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 12, 2024, 03:35:07 AMBoring.  Mahomes looked like half his old self.  (SF letting him trot for a couple of first downs in the 4th was inexcusable, just like CFL teams sometimes forget they are playing against a running QB...)

I don't think there was one great catch all game.  San Fran should have kept running in the 3rd.  Their air game stunk.  And their players were dropping like flies.  KC was gassed.  Missed opportunity.

Sometimes the Super Bowl has great, stunning catches.  Sometimes not.  This was a not.  For my money this is a perfect example of the CFL being more exciting.  I would put our 110th GC up against this snoozefest any day of the week, in terms of excitement.  The "only CFLers" in the GC were making some stellar circus grabs (mostly MTL, but a couple for us too).

The only thing I liked about this game was the kickers setting and then resetting the distance records.  Good for them.

Glad to hear the NFL finally revised its OT rules to be more fair.  Followed the CFL, what, 2 decades late?  Not that it mattered this time...

Yeah but come on now.  The game was in doubt through it's entirety.  I planned to watch some of it but it kept me glued to the the TV for the entire game.  Those games are additive to watch and the overtime was certainly better with the new rules.  On a scale of 1 - 10 it was at least an 8.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Great finish. chiefs win, I win only, yeah!

Mahomes is dynamic.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Just like the CIA psy op script that was leaked on the Qanon dark web, overtime win by the chiefs so that Tay Tay can endorse Biden... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Pretty craptacular game but it's been fun watching the tinfoil goofs lose their minds the last 12 hours or so.

At least the half-time show was great.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

The game was sloppy at times, but at least it was close the whole way through. I can't take the NFL seriously with all the kickoffs through the end zone.

Jesse

Saved itself with a  good finish. First half was boring as hell though.

What did everyone think of the Halftime show?
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Good finish, boring game overall.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

theaardvark

So, I missed the post game, did Tay Tay get in her Biden endorsement?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 12, 2024, 03:30:17 PMSo, I missed the post game, did Tay Tay get in her Biden endorsement?

Nah. He did troll the conspiracy clowns on Twitter immediately after the Chiefs won, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.