Why don't we have a 3+ hour post-game show like SSK?

Started by TecnoGenius, October 09, 2023, 05:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Bombers have a longer post-game radio show like the Riders have?

YES
12 (57.1%)
NO
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: October 14, 2023, 05:13:17 AM

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Stretch on October 09, 2023, 08:49:23 PM
They need a longer post game show in Saskatchewan to talk about all of the problems with that lame-azz franchise.

#FourStripesForLife
LOL, ZING! Post of the year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bomb squad on October 10, 2023, 06:24:15 PM
Not only that, but they also have another radio station, CJME, that has pre and post game shows as well. Similar to what cjob did a ways back when they lost the broadcast rights for awhile. So their audience is actually split. You can actually switch back and forth during commercials and you'll even hear the some of the same callers calling in to both shows. It's weird to have that in a small market like that. I think that's what the main driver is of the overcoverage is there. A fierce competition between the two stations. CJME trying to force the game broadcaster keep up with them.

It's Sask., they have nothing else to talk about other than the Riders and the wind, there's nothing else going on...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bomb squad on October 10, 2023, 06:24:15 PM
Not only that, but they also have another radio station, CJME, that has pre and post game shows as well.

Is the CJME stuff any good?  Do they go as long after the game as CKRM?  I'll check it out.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2023, 02:50:35 AM
Is the CJME stuff any good?  Do they go as long after the game as CKRM?  I'll check it out.

Yah much better, the 3 hosts take it pretty easy and don't rant like Ball, it's more enjoyable.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 11, 2023, 05:26:58 AM
Yah much better, the 3 hosts take it pretty easy and don't rant like Ball, it's more enjoyable.

Ball is gone for the final 2-3 hours on CKRM.  It's Ponticelli, the Professor and Katz (sp?) I think.

I'll check out CJME too.  Some nights I can't get enough football...
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2023, 02:50:35 AM

They?re pretty good. Nye has an arrogant way about him, but that?s my opinion.

TecnoGenius

So the YES's have it 12-9 with voting closed.  So if over half the people here are showing an interest in perhaps listening to an extended broadcast, that should indicate there probably is enough of a market for CJOB to add an additional postgame show.

We'll see of the 'OB listens.  I won't hold my breath!  But at least we drew attention to the disparity.  We don't like having the Greenies beat us at anything, including radio broadcasts!
Never go full Rider!