BO20 in Blue and Gold for 2 years

Started by theaardvark, February 06, 2024, 04:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Whoop!

Great news, guessing we had some extra space with Hardrick's decision, and upped the ante.

Good signing, regardless the cost.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Great news!

Keep building that legacy in blue and gold, Brady!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

TBURGESS

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/02/06/winnipeg-blue-bombers-agree-to-terms-with-cfls-most-outstanding-canadian-brady-oliveira/

"It's a two-year contract through the 2025 season. He's expected to earn over $200,000 per year on his new agreement, resetting the market for a national RB." - https://3downnation.com/2024/02/06/__trashed-3/
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Ridermania

Solid signing and glad it worked out. 

theaardvark

$200k for BO20, wonder what Ouilette will now get... has to be close to that... even without the Nat passport
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers agree to terms with CFL's Most Outstanding Canadian Brady Oliveira

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with all-star running back Brady Oliveira. He was scheduled to be a free agent on February 13th.

Oliveira (5-10, 222; North Dakota; born: August 15, 1997, in Winnipeg, MB) returns to the Blue Bombers for a fifth season after being originally selected by the club in the second round, 14th overall, in the 2019 CFL Draft.

In 2023, Oliveira was named the Canadian Football League's Most Outstanding Canadian Player and a runner up for the Most Outstanding Player Award while also being selected as a CFL and West Division All-Star.

He led the league in rushing with 1,534 yards – the second highest total by a Canadian in league history after Jon Cornish amassed 1,813 yards for the Calgary Stampeders in 2013 – as well as topping the league in yards from scrimmage (2,016) and touchdowns (13). Oliveira had a league-best seven 100-yard rushing games while setting career highs in rushing, receptions (38) and receiving yards (482).

Oliveira's numbers last year jumped from his 2022 season when he became the team's feature back and rushed for 1,001 yards – the first 1,000-yard season of his career. In 51 regular season games with the Blue Bombers, he has 2,970 yards rushing, 70 receptions for 808 yards and 20 total touchdowns.

Active in the community, Oliveira is passionate about his dog rescue work in Manitoba and around the world. He was the 2022 recipient of the Cal Murphy 'Heart of a Legend' Award, which 'recognizes sportsmanship and dedication to the CFL and the community.'
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Ridermania

$200K for BO20 is the right amount.

Good signing.

I believe Oulette will be around $175K maximum by the ????????

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 04:48:32 PM$200k for BO20, wonder what Ouilette will now get... has to be close to that... even without the Nat passport

No numbers have been leaked yet.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Great news. On the negative side it probably means we lose Schoen? Interesting that we haven't heard about any offers he might have gotten elsewhere. I'd take the rumoured salary to include some playing time and goals achieved.

Sounds a little higher than I might have liked although he's worth every penny he's paid.

I wonder how much other interest he had across the CFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 06, 2024, 04:59:28 PMGreat news. On the negative side it probably means we lose Schoen? Interesting that we haven't heard about any offers he might have gotten elsewhere.

Brady or no Brady, I never expected us to re-sign Schoen. Can't invest that much into one position group.
My wife is amazing!

wpg#1

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 04:48:32 PM$200k for BO20, wonder what Ouilette will now get... has to be close to that... even without the Nat passport

I don't think Ouellette will get near the same amount, he has direct competition from cheaper Import RB's to deal with.  With Brady's re-signing I think the Argos likely reclaim him for around $175k.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on February 06, 2024, 05:04:06 PMBrady or no Brady, I never expected us to re-sign Schoen. Can't invest that much into one position group.

Agree, they need to use what savings they have left to re-sign many of their core vets that won't get much attention from other teams but would be difficult to replace.

theaardvark

Schoen's value cannot be understated, for sure, and I think there will be at least 2 teams willing to make that investment, BC being at the top of that list.  They have Lucky money freed up, so there's that.

theaardvark

Farhan Lalji is saying $230K in 24, $240K in 25... 

And Dunk confirms...

$230k is a bit more than I had hoped we'd land him for, $30k goes a long way in re-signing others, but its still a good deal.  Not the great deal, but a good deal.