Argo QB, Chad Kelly sited in harassment/wrongful dismissal charges

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, February 22, 2024, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

It's a sad reality that if it was a no name player, he'd be bounced quickly. But Kelly's status will likely protect him.
My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Was this just a civil filing, or criminal filing in Ontario? If criminal and convicted, he may be banned from even entering Canada. So would be a moot point he's still with the Argos. If civil (either wins case or loses), then still probably gets a suspension of some sort and made to attend some counselling while on a probationary period.

I think more than likely this gets settled out of court before anything goes to trial. What happens for this season I have no clue though. Pinball and Argo's in a tough position over this crazy behaviour.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on February 24, 2024, 08:54:50 PMIt's a sad reality that if it was a no name player, he'd be bounced quickly. But Kelly's status will likely protect him.
Yes I get your point but we shall see what actually happens...
He could face some kinda suspension. They have Dukes so they might be ok anyways. No RB though.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 25, 2024, 01:04:38 AMYes I get your point but we shall see what actually happens...
He could face some kinda suspension. They have Dukes so they might be ok anyways. No RB though.

They signed Ka'deem Carey
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ichabod_crane on February 25, 2024, 12:19:34 AMWas this just a civil filing, or criminal filing in Ontario? If criminal and convicted, he may be banned from even entering Canada. So would be a moot point he's still with the Argos. If civil (either wins case or loses), then still probably gets a suspension of some sort and made to attend some counselling while on a probationary period.

I think more than likely this gets settled out of court before anything goes to trial. What happens for this season I have no clue though. Pinball and Argo's in a tough position over this crazy behaviour.

I think it'll be settled quickly out of court and Kelly will receive a 1 or 2 game suspension from the league as a symbolic gesture, whether he's guilty or not will not be debated.  The CFL BOG is not about to shoot themselves in the foot by upending one of their flagship franchises.

TBURGESS

I doubt that Kelly misses any games. He will likely just make an apology. 

I'm not sure that not renewing a contract is wrongful dismissal. They didn't fire her.

Yelling at someone & threatening them is definitely harassment. Management not taking it seriously is reason for their dismissal. 

Pay the girl what she's asking for.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

He definitely should get some sort of suspension. An incident like this shouldn't be trivialized or brushed aside just because he's a starting Qb. Minimum of 1 game from the league and if it was a repeated offense, more depending on the frequency.

Even if not suspended, I can't imagine what his teammates think of him. First he throws his training staff and coaches under the bus saying he was concussed in the playoff game he absolutely stunk in and should never have been in the game, and now this. Not sure about his teammates but I have zero respect for this guy

blueraid

Serious baggage he carried with him to the CFL has erupted....When you sign a guy like this , prepare for the worst...Definitely there has to be a suspension for this type of conduct...IF there's a legal infraction, this could get ugly

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on February 25, 2024, 11:47:42 PMHe definitely should get some sort of suspension. An incident like this shouldn't be trivialized or brushed aside just because he's a starting Qb. Minimum of 1 game from the league and if it was a repeated offense, more depending on the frequency.

Even if not suspended, I can't imagine what his teammates think of him. First he throws his training staff and coaches under the bus saying he was concussed in the playoff game he absolutely stunk in and should never have been in the game, and now this. Not sure about his teammates but I have zero respect for this guy
My feelings precisely!   What a knob!   This should not be trivialized and investigated fully!   Superstar status does not supersede being immune to proper disciplinary action!   
Bomber fan for life

bryan35

Quote from: theaardvark on February 24, 2024, 07:53:22 PMA man, in a position of power, pressuring a woman subordinate into anything she does not want to do is unacceptable.

Its not like he is unaware of the boundaries, and it sounds like this was not a one off in passing situation.

He must have had sensitivity training, etc, in the past, and the Argos should have made it a part of signing him.

With the CFL's stand about Violence against Women, this will not go unpunished.

It sounds like there will be a lot more coming out about it, from all three sides, unless it gets swept under the table.

Time for the CFL to walk the talk. Personally would have a hard time supporting the CFL if they do nothing.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: bryan35 on February 27, 2024, 04:28:30 PMTime for the CFL to walk the talk. Personally would have a hard time supporting the CFL if they do nothing.

It'll depend on what the overlords at MLSE have to say, IMO. Bad publicity is the last thing the Argonauts need and I expect the damage control is in overdrive right now with what took place.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blueraid on February 26, 2024, 05:36:04 PMSerious baggage he carried with him to the CFL has erupted....When you sign a guy like this , prepare for the worst...Definitely there has to be a suspension for this type of conduct...IF there's a legal infraction, this could get ugly

It sure seems like some kind of incident occurred, so there should be repercussions for Kelly's immature behaviour, even if it was just yelling.  If proven the trainer actually had an affair with another player, the Argos might be clear of the wrongful dismissal accusation as that would likely be a violation of her terms of employment.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 27, 2024, 04:59:20 PMIt sure seems like some kind of incident occurred, so there should be repercussions for Kelly's immature behaviour, even if it was just yelling.  If proven the trainer actually had an affair with another player, the Argos might be clear of the wrongful dismissal accusation as that would likely be a violation of her terms of employment.

That should work both way. If your going to terminate the trainer, you would also have to terminate the player. And, if the player is married or in a relationship, does he want to admit to a relationship with the trainer.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 27, 2024, 05:11:26 PMThat should work both way. If your going to terminate the trainer, you would also have to terminate the player. And, if the player is married or in a relationship, does he want to admit to a relationship with the trainer.

Agree.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 27, 2024, 04:59:20 PMIt sure seems like some kind of incident occurred, so there should be repercussions for Kelly's immature behaviour, even if it was just yelling.  If proven the trainer actually had an affair with another player, the Argos might be clear of the wrongful dismissal accusation as that would likely be a violation of her terms of employment.

What?

Why are we talking about people's personal lives here?
My wife is amazing!