NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Congrats AngryGreg ........ Hall is a superb player in my eyes with a great continued career ahead.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: Jockitch on July 03, 2016, 12:55:26 AM
Congrats AngryGreg ........ Hall is a superb player in my eyes with a great continued career ahead.

cheers!
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

blue_gold_84

George McPhee named first GM of the Las Vegas franchise:

http://www.tsn.ca/mcphee-named-gm-of-las-vegas-nhl-team-1.526219

As general manager of the NHL's expansion Las Vegas franchise, George McPhee wants to build a team that will entertain fans in a unique market and bring hockey's hallowed trophy to the desert sooner rather than later.

Named the first GM in franchise history Wednesday, the seasoned McPhee had the deep resume to convince owner Bill Foley to choose him from among seven candidates. Now it's up to him to build Las Vegas from scratch to begin play in 2017-18, a task he knows won't be easy.

"Our mission here is clear: We're going to build an organization and a team that people in Nevada and Las Vegas will be proud of, and we're going to do it quickly and we're aiming at the Stanley Cup," McPhee said. "It's that simple."

McPhee most recently served as special adviser to New York Islanders GM Garth Snow and before that spent 16 seasons as GM of the Washington Capitals.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

The lack of name for the Las Vegas franchise is costing them big time in merch sales and establishing a brand. 

The rumoured Knights name seems to have a hiccup in the London Knights already using the name. 

Simple solution.  Buy the London Knights and make them a farm team. 

Make Dale Hunter your first HC.

Problem solved, and away we go.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Mike

Quote from: theaardvark on July 18, 2016, 05:45:34 PM
The lack of name for the Las Vegas franchise is costing them big time in merch sales and establishing a brand. 

The rumoured Knights name seems to have a hiccup in the London Knights already using the name. 

Simple solution.  Buy the London Knights and make them a farm team. 

Make Dale Hunter your first HC.

Problem solved, and away we go.

Great suggestion, I'm sure reclassifying an OHL team and turning it into a minor league pro team, all the while needing to displace the current junior roster, fill an entirely new roster of professionals and entering into what is quite probably the least convenient travel arrangement between a main and farm club in all of pro hockey is exactly what comes to mind for most when they think "simple solution"

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Mike on July 18, 2016, 06:14:10 PM
Great suggestion, I'm sure reclassifying an OHL team and turning it into a minor league pro team, all the while needing to displace the current junior roster, fill an entirely new roster of professionals and entering into what is quite probably the least convenient travel arrangement between a main and farm club in all of pro hockey is exactly what comes to mind for most when they think "simple solution"

Jee-zus. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Mike on July 18, 2016, 06:14:10 PM

I guess I didn't make my point properly.  Keep the London Knights as they are, in London.  As a Junior affiliate.  But use the name in Vegas as well.  London referred to affectionately a the Baby Knights.

Or give Hunter a couple mil for the rights...  make that back in a few months of merch sales they are missing out from snowbirds visiting Vegas now...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2016, 02:43:52 PM
I guess I didn't make my point properly.  Keep the London Knights as they are, in London.  As a Junior affiliate.  But use the name in Vegas as well.  London referred to affectionately a the Baby Knights.

Or give Hunter a couple mil for the rights...  make that back in a few months of merch sales they are missing out from snowbirds visiting Vegas now...

Nah, that never happens.

Seriously, what you're suggesting is pure silliness. The Las Vegas NHL franchise will choose a team name in due time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Mike

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2016, 02:43:52 PM

Teams don't have "junior affiliates".

theaardvark

Quote from: Mike on July 19, 2016, 03:06:02 PM
Teams don't have "junior affiliates".

I guess our "affiliation" with Barrie is unique.... regardless, if the London Knights are what is standing in the way of the Las Vegas franchise having the most appropriate name for the squad "Las Vegas Knights" then get 'er done...

I can't think of a better name for them... its a perfect fit, really.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2016, 04:57:21 PM
I guess our "affiliation" with Barrie is unique....

Well, it really isn't one.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

blue_gold_84

Quelle surprise...

http://www.tsn.ca/kane-arrested-by-buffalo-police-1.531000

"He'll be better in Buffalo because it's not small like Winnipeg," Sabres fans said.
"Winnipeg fans vilified him, so he caused trouble there," they said.
"Tim Murray made a good trade and Kane will thrive," they said.

Evander Kane is a train wreck.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.