Main Menu

Recent posts

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 25, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., May 25, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American quarterback Darren Grainger (6-4, 225, Georgia State)
American defensive lineman Taylor Upshaw (6-5, 240, Arizona)
American defensive lineman Devin Adams (6-2, 290, Peru State)

Released from roster:

American quarterback Eric Barriere
American defensive lineman Jabari Ellis
American defensive back Anthony Witherstone
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 04:05:45 PMThe only one I know of is #57 Kyle Samson DT returning to UBC.  Last year's 6th round draft pick Bret MacDougall is still only 22, so he may have another year of eligibility left at school. I liked what I saw of him in last seasons pre-season games, but don't know if he played in the game last weekend.

The others might have been Kalra and Hubert but I'm not 100% sure.

MacDougall could be a good future player. Whether we have room on the roster for Hallet, Ford and Kelly and another Canadian is uncertain.

He stuck me as a possible SAM in future.

3 players released today: Witherspoon, Barriere and Ellis. One new QB and 2 DL added.
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 03:23:17 PMWhich draft choices are returning to college after TC? IIRC there were 3 of the 11 2024 draft choices. We seem to have some really good newbies fighting for roster spots.

Currently 33 healthy Canadians on the roster. Not enough room for everyone but don't want to speculate too much on those we can't keep.

The only one I know of is #57 Kyle Samson DT returning to UBC.  Last year's 6th round draft pick Bret MacDougall is still only 22, so he may have another year of eligibility left at school. I liked what I saw of him in last seasons pre-season games, but don't know if he played in the game last weekend.
Which draft choices are returning to college after TC? IIRC there were 3 of the 11 2024 draft choices. We seem to have some really good newbies fighting for roster spots.

Currently 33 healthy Canadians on the roster. Not enough room for everyone but don't want to speculate too much on those we can't keep.
Offside Forum / Re: Blue Jays 2024
Last post by Pigskin - Today at 03:44:05 AM
Well, Manoah fell back to earth tonight. Not a good outing. Jays with 10 hits, but only 2 runs to show for it. Bo and Vladi still hot at the plate.
Quote from: Pigskin on May 24, 2024, 09:29:51 PMNo practice tomorrow. But, the boys are back at 8:30 on Sunday.

There is a short practice tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 p.m. to 4:25 p.m.
Quick Hits | Training Camp Day 13

"..."I'm so grateful that Winnipeg picked me up," Petrishen said Friday in a chat with bluebombers.com. "To be honest, (the release from the Lions) wasn't a gut-punch feeling. I've been cut before in the NFL and other leagues. I've been told 'no' many times. But when the Lions released me I kind of felt like something good was about to happen. I wasn't upset, I wasn't down. I feel like in my career it's taught me to handle the emotional roller coaster, so I knew something good was about to happen and when the Blue Bombers called I knew that's exactly what it was...."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/05/24/quick-hits-training-camp-day-13/