Off-Season Other Teams News

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, December 05, 2023, 06:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 02, 2024, 06:23:46 PMTicats hire former Bombers special team coordinator Paul Boudreau, six others to 2024 coaching, including former Bomber D-line coach Glen Young.

I'm happy for them, especially Young.  I think it's a good more for the Cats.  So Boo will probably be the new STC, but what position is Young taking?  DC??  No mention in the article so I'm guessing not DC?  Back to being a unit coach?

Ironic that Young left to be DC instead of staying here to be groomed, and now Younger steals the spot by being more patient ;D  ;D

Still waiting on us hiring a D coach named Youngest.
Never go full Rider!

Ridermania

Boris Bede leaving the Argos.....where does he end up?

Maybe Winnipeg????

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/argos-kicker-boris-bede-bids-farewell-to-toronto-fans-on-social-media-1.2071517

Jesse

I definitely wouldn't hate the leg strength on kick offs.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 31, 2024, 01:02:34 AMA reverse Burn The Witches?  Not sure this is a smart move.  Stanback was instrumental in them getting that important GC TD on that freight-train run of his.  I had no idea he had that speed, as he's more of a bruiser back.  I do believe based on that run he's faster than Brady, who is a lot younger.  He had like 3-4 of our DBs/LBs chasing him and none could catch him in time.

More PTSD... argh!!

Why is montreal dumping stanback? I don't get this move, he is still a force out there as seen in the grey cup. He doesn't make those key big runs they didn't win. Talk about a brutal business. I d take him in our lineup is BO signs elsewhere and he will light it up behind our O line and our offensive scheme

Pigskin

Quote from: dd on February 04, 2024, 04:30:15 PMWhy is montreal dumping stanback? I don't get this move, he is still a force out there as seen in the grey cup. He doesn't make those key big runs they didn't win. Talk about a brutal business. I d take him in our lineup is BO signs elsewhere and he will light it up behind our O line and our offensive scheme

Apparently he asked to be released. Probably $$$.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

Stanback said he was willing to take a pay cut, but it became obvious that he wasn't really a part of their ongoing plans, so he asked for release. I think they felt that Antwi could provide them much the same, and they've also signed some rookie rbs along with Fletcher. Supposedly hamilton and Saskatchewan have reached out

dd

Quote from: Jesse on February 04, 2024, 04:22:43 PMI definitely wouldn't hate the leg strength on kick offs.
I d take him in a heartbeat. Our kickoffs are dreadful

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on February 04, 2024, 04:22:43 PMI definitely wouldn't hate the leg strength on kick offs.

In the past he was a pretty inconsistent FG kicker, but it looks like he improved his accuracy to 94% last season. Even if he's classified as an Import, if Walters can cut two salaries to one, that wouldn't be the worst idea to save some cap. 

Interesting observation the longest FG made last season was 54 yds, teams are choosing to punt more often on the long-shots instead of risking the missed FG return.

ModAdmin

John Hodge
@JohnDHodge
Ottawa Redblacks release Nate Behar despite partially guaranteed salary
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

CALGARY — The Calgary Stampeders have extended American defensive back Branden Dozier, the team announced on Sunday. The six-year veteran had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 13.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/04/stamps-extend-veteran-db-branden-dozier/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 05, 2024, 05:10:56 AMJohn Hodge
@JohnDHodge
Ottawa Redblacks release Nate Behar despite partially guaranteed salary

Great player, when he is on the field and not in the tub... Jones will sign him.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Bede wouldn't be the worst signing... interesting that Pinball signed Hajrullahu, guessing the Nat status was a concern...  all three jobs in one Nat is good roster management.  Wonder how competitive Walters was at landing him, if at all...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Ottawa REDBLACKS
@REDBLACKS
4h
Source: Us

We've re-signed 🇺🇸 WR Justin Hardy (@FreakMagic2) to a one-year deal‼️

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 05, 2024, 07:57:39 PMOttawa REDBLACKS
@REDBLACKS
4h
Source: Us

We've re-signed 🇺🇸 WR Justin Hardy (@FreakMagic2) to a one-year deal‼️

Good signing, his playing style is very similar to Bailey.