2024 CFL Draft

Started by Pigskin, November 22, 2023, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

With the Vanier Cup on Saturday it's time to start thinking about the draft. Vanier Cup this year is Montreal Vs UBC.

Two interesting players in the draft are UBC OL Manu 6'8" 350, ranked 7-9 in the draft. The other player is Justin Sambu, 6'4' 265 DE also ranked 7-9 in this years draft. Justin Rourke is ranked #1.

Pass Drafts: Players that are still with the bombers.

2020: No 1st round pick, Noah Hallett at 18, BOO 37, Cadwallader 64

2021: Dobson at 3, Redha 16.

2022 No 1st. round pick, Ford at 13, not with the team but still our property.

2023: Bennett 8, Kelly 15, Murphy 26, Schimekel 35, Kornelson 44 (Manitoba).

Very strong pool of OL this year. 10 of the top 20 ranked players are OL.

Nick Weibe LB 6'3" 240, 52 DTs in 2023. Ranked #15. Would a good pick if we are looking for a LB.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

I just want BPA.

Feels like we reached for Bennett this past year because we didn?t have a DL. Don?t want to be in that position again.
My wife is amazing!

kkc60

gotta have a better draft this year. Past few have been rather disappointing. Guys like Miller, Briggs and Gauthier cannot be leaned on as much as they have been in previous years.

3rdand1.5

We are at a bit of transition, and yes we need to have a much stronger draft. Depending on how we sign FA's/retirements we should be solid on the O-line but thin on depth....We really lack CDN depth on D-line, but Kongbo and or Bennet or....may become available....As mentioned above we need some solid LB/DB even if just as special teams players as we are thin, and long in the tooth.

Pigskin

Bennett is an FA, I don't think Kongbo is?? We will be drafting 8,17,28,37,46,55,64,73.

Pigskin

Vanier Cup tomorrow. Two guys to watch Benedet and Manu both have top ten ranks and both play for UBC. Benedet is 6'7", 305, Manu is 6'8", 350. It would be nice to get of these guys in the up coming draft.

Pigskin

Throw Long Bannatyne

Pigskin

Pigskin

Montreal's is so good. Shutting down the high powered UBC O.

Pigskin

Quote from: Pigskin on November 25, 2023, 07:29:49 PM
Montreal's is so good. Shutting down the high powered UBC O.

1980 was the last year a province had the Grey Cup and Vanier Cup Champions.

Ridermania

Wonder if Montreal will try to trade up to draft French-Canadian quarterback, Jonathan S?n?cal.

S?n?cal earned the 2023 Hec Crighton Trophy as the best player in U Sports and led his team to the national championship while being named MVP.

Jesse

Quote from: Ridermania on November 26, 2023, 01:59:27 PM
Wonder if Montreal will try to trade up to draft French-Canadian quarterback, Jonathan S?n?cal.

S?n?cal earned the 2023 Hec Crighton Trophy as the best player in U Sports and led his team to the national championship while being named MVP.

You think they'd need to trade up to grab a QB?
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 26, 2023, 03:11:32 PM
You think they'd need to trade up to grab a QB?

He's athletic but I'm not sure he's a high draft pick and being CFL ready. Just a guess that he might start as a # 3 short yardage guy due to size and athleticism? Might have a future but he looked a like a raw talent at this point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions