BC @ Winnipeg Aug.3.

Started by Pigskin, July 22, 2023, 02:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

I thought Parker was much better than McRae on returns, particularly punts. Don't understand why he's sitting unless he's injured. D-line looks very shallow. Roster decisions continue to be confusing. We've got a Canadian fullback back, and have both Eli and Dobson as extra blockers, so what does Jackson add other than STs? Is this really the best use of an American spot? And starting Kramdi at SAM, with Darby as back-up? Is that really the best Walters and O'Shea can do? I'll shut up if we win tomorrow.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bunker on August 02, 2023, 03:32:19 PM
I thought Parker was much better than McRae on returns, particularly punts. Don't understand why he's sitting unless he's injured. D-line looks very shallow. Roster decisions continue to be confusing. We've got a Canadian fullback back, and have both Eli and Dobson as extra blockers, so what does Jackson add other than STs? Is this really the best use of an American spot? And starting Kramdi at SAM, with Darby as back-up? Is that really the best Walters and O'Shea can do? I'll shut up if we win tomorrow.

+1
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: bunker on August 02, 2023, 03:32:19 PM

+1

Pigskin

I also thought Parker was better then McRae at returning kicks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

The oddsmakers have us as 5 point favourites......BC will be pinning that up in their dressing room.   We shall see if Milt was right about Father Time and our O-Line and if that whooping we suffered at home was only a blip on the radar.   Buckle up Bomber fans....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on August 02, 2023, 03:30:15 PM
No one has mentioned Gray back in at LG

Still concerned about 6 DL on the AR... would like 7 or even 8... is Jackson allowed to play DE with a 48 number?

Sure, why not?  Only the OL number range is reserved?

Gray: Pretty sure he was rostered last week but gameday scratch?  So he doesn't show in the in/out data.  Clearly Gray is still "the guy" until he blows it completely.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The big question mark is why two fullbacks?

Is Burtenshaw the Miller-play guy until Miller is back?  Our O really could use the TE concept vs BC to try to get more max pro and maybe even the odd forgotten receiver play.

Clearly there's something in the works for Jackson.  Maybe it's his both-sides ability, or maybe he'll be the forgotten receiver for a play.  He's keen and he flies around, though I've noticed not always in the right place.  He could help open up the run game for Brady if he is assignment sound.

Darby still not #1 SAM.  No use of DNA once again this week... Pretty sure McCrae would qualify(?) and would be a way to get Jackson on the field "for free" if McCrae is in for Woli.  That would be slick for run plays: Brady, McCrae, Demski and Jackson all potential runners...
Never go full Rider!

PurpleReign

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 02, 2023, 08:49:16 PM
Sure, why not?  Only the OL number range is reserved?

Gray: Pretty sure he was rostered last week but gameday scratch?  So he doesn't show in the in/out data.  Clearly Gray is still "the guy" until he blows it completely.

Gray was a scratch due to injury not rostered.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: PurpleReign on August 03, 2023, 12:32:26 AM
Gray was a scratch due to injury not rostered.

He was on the roster/depth chart (just checked), but yes, scratched.  That explains why he wasn't in the in/out list for this week.
Never go full Rider!