BO20 in Blue and Gold for 2 years

Started by theaardvark, February 06, 2024, 04:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlf

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 05:23:40 PMSchoen's value cannot be understated, for sure, and I think there will be at least 2 teams willing to make that investment, BC being at the top of that list.  They have Lucky money freed up, so there's that.
Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 05:31:44 PMFarhan Lalji is saying $230K in 24, $240K in 25... 

Whoa... :o

I like Brady but... I want a TEAM too. I'd have taken Oulette or Stanback and Schoen.

kkc60

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 05:23:40 PMSchoen's value cannot be understated, for sure, and I think there will be at least 2 teams willing to make that investment, BC being at the top of that list.  They have Lucky money freed up, so there's that.
not too sure about BC. Yes, they aren't paying Lucky (or Rhymes) but they are paying Hollins, Cottoy and Hatcher plus still are probably in the running for Betts and Hladik, neither of whom come cheap.

kkc60

Quote from: tlf on February 06, 2024, 05:35:58 PMWhoa... :o

I like Brady but... I want a TEAM too. I'd have taken Oulette or Stanback and Schoen.
yeah that's a lot, but at the same time I think we should see what Ouellett gets first. As for Stanback, I would be leary. He definitely took a step back this year

tlf

Oulette is going to Sask as per Dave Naylor.  Sask is loading up!

At least BO isn't going there (though I don't think he would). 

Pete

It is an overpay for Olivera, however the alternative was letting him go to BC, Argo or mtrl it might have been enough for them to overtake us. Even the riders would have been significantly better not only with his running ability, but his blocking.
It would have been great if Brady had signed for a bit less so we could sign other free agents, but the type of running back he is, who knows how long he will be effective (see Stanback).cant fault him for maximizing his prime earning years.

As mentioned we are way better off overspending on someone in his prime rather than on the tail end of career( Hardrick)

GOLDMEMBER

Whew my new $200 Brady jersey is not going to waste.

That is big bucks for a running back any running back, but he certainly has proven his worth last year!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Oliveira will make 230k in 2024 and 240k in 2025. #CFLFA @CFLonTSN https://t.co/LdaWMnOUAm
— Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN) February 6, 2024

Yikes! That's a lot.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

tlf

Quote from: TBURGESS on February 06, 2024, 06:03:56 PMOliveira will make 230k in 2024 and 240k in 2025. #CFLFA @CFLonTSN https://t.co/LdaWMnOUAm
— Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN) February 6, 2024

Yikes! That's a lot.

If it costs us Schoen it's too much.

Blue In BC

Quote from: tlf on February 06, 2024, 06:07:54 PMIf it costs us Schoen it's too much.

Schoen might have priced himself off the roster regardless of what happened with Oliveria. I guess we'll see how much he gets and where.  It's still surprising he hasn't landed somewhere. OTOH he could be re-signing in Winnipeg and they announce it tomorrow.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

We still have weapons if we lose Schoen.  Whereas losing Brady leave a big hole.

I think Walters will make an under the radar signing...  Maybe a Manny show or a Lucky at a deep discount... or maybe we just have to trust our scouts to have "The next one" already coming to camp.  Its not like we can't recruit and develop players.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

tlf

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 06:28:02 PMWe still have weapons if we lose Schoen.  Whereas losing Brady leave a big hole.

I think Walters will make an under the radar signing...  Maybe a Manny show or a Lucky at a deep discount... or maybe we just have to trust our scouts to have "The next one" already coming to camp.  Its not like we can't recruit and develop players.   

True!  I'm interested in what happens w Bailey as well. He's kind of under the radar here.   Manny show..hmmm.

I also want Bede but that's another convo.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on February 06, 2024, 05:37:06 PMnot too sure about BC. Yes, they aren't paying Lucky (or Rhymes) but they are paying Hollins, Cottoy and Hatcher plus still are probably in the running for Betts and Hladik, neither of whom come cheap.

Yep, BC won't likely be in the running too many of their vets need to be retained, expect Schoen to get the highest offers out east. Ti-Cats, Ottawa or Mtl.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: tlf on February 06, 2024, 06:40:20 PMTrue!  I'm interested in what happens w Bailey as well. He's kind of under the radar here.   Manny show..hmmm.

I also want Bede but that's another convo.

Bede already signed in Edmonton.  Bailey certainly deserves a bump as a reward for his loyalty, grinding effort and his ability to flash when needed.

tlf

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 06, 2024, 06:47:23 PMBede already signed in Edmonton.  Bailey certainly deserves a bump as a reward for his loyalty, grinding effort and his ability to flash when needed.

Oh I missed Bede..thanks!  Yes, Bailey certainly does!

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 06, 2024, 06:47:23 PMBede already signed in Edmonton.  Bailey certainly deserves a bump as a reward for his loyalty, grinding effort and his ability to flash when needed.

Never saw any report of Bede signing, source?

Nevermind... Elks just tweeted it a minute ago... lol

Guess Castillo has somewhat limited options now... more than happy to have him back here...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.